+ Is Bali safe?
Bali is politically stable and safe to travel to. The town where you will be staying -Ubud- is a quaint and quiet artist's town and there is a 24h/7 guardian at the villa, so you should not be worried.
+ Do i need a passport?
YES. Your passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months following the departure date. Which means it must be vaild through 9/2019 to be safe. Americans do not need a visa to enter Costa Rica.
+ Where do I fly into?
- Denapasar International Airport
- From there you will to take a taxi to The Alum Indah Villas located in the center of Ubud. All guests must arrive at the retreat location no later than 3:00 pm on arrival day; please schedule your travel accordingly.
- We do not recommend renting a car.
- Please allow at least 1.5 hours from your International arrival time in order to clear Immigration and Customs and to check-in for the Domestic flight.
+ Where can I stay if my flights do not fit the exact same dates as this trip?
For your extra nights, we suggest checking the hotels or airbnbs near the town of Ubud which are both convenient and not too expensive.
The hotels and airbnbs can also arrange taxi service for their guests arriving in Denpasar and taxi service from their hotel to The Alum Indah.
+ Where can I purchase travel insurance?
A travel insurance is required to participate to the Experience.
We have had good experience with – Insure My Trip is a BBB registered insurance comparison site that shows rates from a number of companies. Also recommended – Travel Guard and Access America.
Some credit card also offer a coverage for short holidays. We advise you to check with your bank first.
+ Do I need to exchange money?
The US Dollar is accepted in Bali; exchanging US Dollars to Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) is not necessary but can be done at the airport if wanted. Denominations of $20 are best when using american dollars.
ATM: The closest ATM machine is a 12 minute walk into town.
Bank: The closest bank is a 25 minute walk into town.
Safety Box & Personal Belongings Each room is provided with a safety box. The Alum Indah and Souldresser Retreats cannot be held responsible for any missing personal items.
+ what do i need to bring?
Bring lightweight clothes that dry quickly - no blue jeans. Shorts for the daytime and long pants when it is cooler. For the beach, shorts, tank tops, swimsuit, sneakers, Tevas and flip flops.
- Flashlight or Headlamp
- River-walking shoes with good drainage (Teva, Solomon, Keene)
- Flip flops, sandals, or crocs for garden walking
- Earth-friendly personal care products: soap, shampoo, conditioner
- Refillable Eco-Water bottle (our tap water is right from the source and delicious)
- Yoga mat
- Yoga clothes
- Sunscreen and bug repellent
- Sun hat
- ALL of your own toiletries. Eco friendly as possible.
- Rash guard
- Cash for any extra wellness services, taxis, or gratuity
Appliances such as hair dryers, curling irons, hot rollers, and similar energy-draining items cannot be supported with this system and hence their use is not allowed.
+ are there mosquitos?
Yes, there are some mosquitos and other insects who live here in the jungle but we are in a Tropical Dry Forest so there are not as many as there are in other areas. Loose cotton clothing and bug spray should do the trick!
+ are we close to the beach?
Not in Ubud. Which is why I have included an optional beach add-on in Canggu immediatey following the retreat.
+ Is there wifi?
WiFi access is available and extends to most rooms, but please understand Ubud is not always on par with high-speed internet as the outside world. We encourage you to disconnect while on your retreat, however you may connect at any time if need be. The Alum Indah also has phones in case of an emergency.
+ how do i reserve my spot?
- Fill up the application form on the desired Experience page.
- We will send you an email confirming your admission and the availability of the requested dates.
- Send a 600$US deposit to secure your spot.
- 120 days prior to departure, the full payment of the balance will be required.
+ What if i have a food allergy?
We always do our best to accommodate food allergies. We can omit certain items from dishes, such as cheese, dairy, and nuts. We cannot guarantee a completely gluten-free or nut-free environment. Persons with serious food allergies such as Celiac's Disease or those on a 100% raw food diet should not attend a retreat. We must know of all serious food issues at least three weeks prior to arrival. Bring an open mind and allow your taste buds to savor this unique culinary adventure!
+ can i smoke there?
We do not allow smoking anywhere on the property. We reserve the right to ask any guest to leave with out a refund for not respecting this code of conduct.
+ can i drink alcohol?
This is a wellness retreat, so we ask that you keep your wellbeing a highest priority. With that being said you will have plenty of time to explore the town and restaurants in Ubud where you can have a drink if you choose to. There is also beer available for purchase at the Alum Indah.